Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do you do the smokey eye look?

I want to do it for prom.





If it helps, I have blue-green eyes and nearly porcelain skin.





Please help! (Also, make your instructions simple because I don't exactly know what I'm doing!)How do you do the smokey eye look?
First, apply the lighter, base color a wee bit lower than your brow bone, and smudge the line under your eyebrows with your pinkie finger. If your using a light base color, apply right under your eyebrows and don't smudge.





Next, for the darker color, you want to find a beauty supply store and ask if you can get a ';smokie'; brush, or you can go to MAC, Chloe's, whatever.


With the smokie brush, swirl it in the eye color, tap the extra off, and apply in a circular motion to the CREASE, not above, but right to it.





For eyeliner, I suggest a color a little darker than your hair color. Juding by your avatar, I suggest using a darker brown or a brown black. Find a pencil eyeliner with a smudgy sponge on the back. Apply very close to the lashline, and don't use TOO much. Eyeliner is used for enhancing your lashline, not for making your eyes look like black holes. Apply to the top and bottom. Then, with the smudgy sponge, VERY SOFTLY, sweep the sponge across the line of eyeliner.





For mascara, use a color similar to the eyeliner color. I prefer Rimmel London Max Lash XXX, because it has a comb applicator rather than a brush one. apply one coat, curl eyelashes, apply a second coat, then a third.





And for your eye color, which is similar to mine, I suggest Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo in Like Mink from Clinique. the base is a light, champagne-y color, and the accent is a rich copper-y brown.How do you do the smokey eye look?
I don't know if this is quite as good as any other answer, but, what I do is I use a natural semi-dark brown on my lid and I use an eyeshadow brush to use a dark sparkley brown in the crease and just a little bit right under the eye. Then I use a soft black pencil on my lash line and on the inside ridge of my eye (I don't know exactly what that's called. lol). A soft black pencil is semi-important for a smokey look because it usually looks like it's already been smudge after you apply it. Then apply some black mascara to your top and bottom lashes and that's it. If it helps, I use the Estee Lauder Deluxe Pure Colour EyeShadow Palette with 07 Smokey and 23 Berry Ice, Estee Lauder Artist's Eye Pencil-Crayon in 01 Softsmudge Black, and Estee Lauder Projectionist High Definition Volume Mascara. Hope I helped some. :D
A good brush set is very important. It does not have to be expensive but you have to have the correct brushes.....Eye shadow brush, blending brush, crease brush and larger blending brush(optional). They have them at most Department stores or walmart, target,sephora and Ulta. I would suggest watching you tube. You type in ';smokey look'; or ';eyeshadow application';. Only try to duplicate the easiest ones and ones you like the best. I have learned how to do this from you tube and it really helps.
First, use an eyeliner pencil that smears to line the top of your eye. I'd do it twice. Then, using a light grey or maybe a combination of dark musty colors like plum or deep blue or just a dark grey but not too grey because your so pale and then, smear the eyeliner and shadow together with the shadow brush. you want it to merge into your skin so make it blend in using a shadow brush.
alright, i just asked the girl at MAC to show me today. (:





if you have a paint pot, use that. its just a base, you can also use a plain colored eye shadow, silver works best. from there, you take the color you want (black or brown usually) and start from the outside of your eye. Brush it in, blending it in as much as possible. Where you touch your lid first, is where it will be darkest, so always brush from that same corner. just remember to keep spreading it across getting lighter each time.





hope this helps
Use black liner and smudge it really well. I actually like to use black eye shadow applied with a q-tip along the bottom of my eye and the normal liner on top. Then I think you could just use a gray eye shadow on your top lid. Finish with volumizing black mascara and the look is complete. I hope I helped but I suck at explaining. :p





btw, use the stick liner. Not liquid!
Because of your skin colour its needs to be done very carefully otherwise it could look quite gothic. I would recommend going to a make up counter in a department store and ask them to show you. I have difficultly with this look and I've been practising a while! xx
Buy eyeshadow that says ';smokey eyes'; put white then gray, then black on your eye lids. If you want the brown smokey look like this: tan then medium brown, the dark brown eye shadow. It helps to buy eye shadow specifically for smokey eyes.
this site was pretty straightforward on what to do





http://www.makeupsense.com/en/eyes/smoky鈥?/a>





check it out! hope it helps =)
Go to videojug.com ==they have step by step videos of lots of looks.
-black eyeliner


-black sparkley (or not) eye shadow.


-black mascara
ey u-yea u the one lookin at the screen!...take your ';blue-green eyes %26amp;%26amp; porcelain skin'; and tell somone else, no one cares!
idk but whatever product u use please dont let it be tested on animals.
never herd of it
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wbani0vrqMg

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color